Study in a modern learning environment
The success of Avondale College's academic, sporting and cultural programmes is underpinned by our top quality, purpose-built facilities.
A multi-million dollar rebuilding programme, completed in 2014, has created a modern learning environment which incorporates innovative, sustainable design and the latest technology to ensure a great classroom environment for our students.
- 120+ brand new classrooms
- Specialist physics, chemistry and biology laboratories
- State-of-the-art technlogy building for fashion design, food technology, product development, ICT and graphic design
- Art suite with photography studio
- Open-air theatre seating 400
- Fully equipped media suites
- Performing Arts Centre with 750-seat theatre, three drama rooms and the College's music school with recording studio, practice rooms and full music technology suite
- Superb sporting facilities including seven sports fields, a water-based artificial multi-sports surface and pavilion, two full-sized gyms, two squash courts, a climbing wall, weights room and two dance studios
- More than 1200 computers school-wide, with Wi-Fi available for all students
Avondale College has 14 hectares of well-cared-for and park-like grounds incorporating courtyards, gardens, grassed areas and seven sports fields, including the first water-based artificial multi-sport surface in Auckland city with associated pavilion. Our sports stadium has two full-sized gyms, with the main one seating one thousand. All indoor sport can be played. As well, the stadium has two squash courts, an aerobics room and a weights room.
Find out more about hireage of Sports Facilities
Performing Arts Centre
Cultural activities are based in our Performing Arts Centre which includes a fully equipped 750-seat theatre, three specialist drama rooms and the College's music school which boasts a fully professional sound recording studio, practice studios and a full music technology suite.
Find out more about hireage of Performing Arts Centre
Early Childhood Centre
Avondale College Early Childhood Education Centre was opened in 1996. It is a purpose-built, community-based Centre, located in the grounds of Avondale College. Our Centre forms a caring community which is both part of, and supported by the college.
We have 33 children in our care, in a well resourced and child-friendly learning centre.
We believe that a caring and active learning environment will encourage children to develop their own knowledge and understanding of the world around them. We help the children to learn at their own pace, to build on their strengths, and to follow their interests. It is our role to provide professional support to assist children in their learning journey.
Our dedicated and caring staff believe that it is important to complement the role of the family in the child's life, and we strive to work together in partnership with the family environment. Our aim is to provide children a home-away-from home, and this is reflected in the very positive relationships we have formed with the children, parents and whanau of our centre.
Our programme is based on providing children opportunities to "...grow as confident and competent learners and communicators, healthy in mind, body and spirit, secure in the knowledge that they make a valued contribution to society..." Te Whariki – Early Childhood Curriculum.
Please feel free to contact
the centre, if you require any further information. We would be most happy to discuss your child's educational development with our centre.